PolyMet Mining stands at the forefront of the next generation of mining in Minnesota and we are growing our team. We are diversifying and expanding our region’s rich legacy of mining by being the first to extract copper, nickel, and precious metals from the world-class Duluth Complex using modern, sustainable mining practices. What we do and how we do it matters. That is why we employ talented and motivated teammates who share our commitment to operate safely, responsibly, and productively while protecting our people and natural surroundings and growing our communities.
The Accounts Payable Accountant works closely with the Corporate Controller to ensure all financial payments are managed and maintained to the strict guidelines required.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in growing the Finance department.
Key job activities will include:
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization;
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures;
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments;
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval;
- Review invoices and requisitions for proper sales tax treatment;
- Prepare information needed for sales tax and other tax form;
- Assists Corporate Controller with month-end, quarter-end, year-end close of general ledger; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five (5) years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Experience with ERP/MRP data management systems;
- Computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Effectiveness in building working relationships and working in multi-disciplined teams, including the ability to influence outcomes;
- Integrity and ability to lead by example;
- Ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship;
- Acceptable driving record with a valid driver’s license.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to occasionally work in remote, outdoor locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction and mining sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of a large industrial facility. Safety training will be provided.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills;
- Experience with Ellipse and SAP;
- Experience in a manufacturing or mining environment;