PolyMet Mining stands at the forefront of the next generation of mining in Minnesota, and we are growing our team. We are diversifying and expanding our region’s rich legacy of mining by being the first to extract copper, nickel, and precious metals from the world-class Duluth Complex using modern, sustainable mining practices. What we do and how we do it matters. That is why we employ talented and motivated teammates who share our commitment to operate safely, responsibly, and productively while protecting our people and natural surroundings and growing our communities.
The Administrative Assistant provides professional administrative support functions for leadership which will include:
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image;
- Plan, organize, and follow through on administrative duties;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and logistics for internal team as well as other dignitaries, guests, and visitors as required;
- Limited travel primarily to St. Paul;
- Arrange meetings and events to ensure facilities, equipment, and materials are in order;
- Develop spreadsheets on a variety of company projects for company records;
- Gather, research, store, and distribute information as appropriate;
- Compose correspondence and as required;
- Screen and route telephone calls, emails, answers questions/inquiries as needed;
- Gather a daily summary of pertinent news for distribution;
- Compile and process reports;
- Assemble, complete and maintain records, files and reports as needed;
- Handle all shipping processing, FedEx, UPS, US Postal Services.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in administration or equivalent experience;
- Minimum five years’ experience as executive, administrative, or legal secretary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior time management, organizational, and planning skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills coupled with superior customer service orientation;
- Strong initiative and follow through with a solid attention to detail while maintaining a broad business perspective;
- Detail oriented, analytical, and accurate;
- Demonstrates reliability, cooperation, confidentiality and integrity;
- Must be able and willing to handle confidential and proprietary information with extreme discretion;
Strong computer skills, including internet, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Flexible with the ability to balance a variety of tasks at any given time and to sustain focus on important priorities;
- Work collaboratively with a diverse number of people and functional areas;
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship;
- Acceptable driving record with a valid driver’s license.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in remote, outdoor locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction and mining sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of a large industrial facility. Safety training will be provided.
- Experience with Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA);
- Experience in mining environment;
- Familiarity with SAP;
- MSHA Trained.